Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snowy beginnings

Right now, I'm sitting on my bed, wrapped up in my fuzzy blanket, watching the snow fall outside my window.  Today is our first real snowfall since October, the snow that knocked out our power for 2 very cold days (and nights!).  Today, we're prepping for Fort Awesome 2, a annual fort party dreamed up by my housemates.  This involves rigging a lot of sheets to hang from various points in the ceiling.  I'm excited to have all my friends over, but party prep is always a little stressful.  I tend to especially focus on the food, making sure it comes out at the right time, and that everyone is able to eat.  I'm ready for the moment after that, where I can sit back with a drink and a snack, and just enjoy the company of my friends and roommates.  And don't worry, this party will be well documented, both here and over at Kristi(e)'s blog, Fortress of Awesome.  Enjoy the snowy Saturday, kids.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment